Sunday, November 23, 2014

Real World Applications of Video Game on a Personal Level

to expound on ways in which games assist people in unique, even secret ways, that give them a tangible benefit in the world.

I dropped out of the blog game because I felt it was mainly a masturbatory exercise to fill the vacuous lives of individuals largely ignorant of the real-world politik both inside the video games industry and relevant corporate sectors, who wished to exert some special influence on, perhaps, newcomers to the industry who have inherited a position in which they have some say over the design of these video games.  I'm sure many achieved this goal, and certainly envy them in many ways, but I must admit this wasn't the primary purpose, as understood by myself at the time.

Throughout my life I have found myself using a game dynamic as a metaphor in order to make some decision, or to make an objective assessment of something I or someone else has done in the past, or proposes to do.  I am wondering if I could start a discussion about that life strategy without divulging any actual examples, to concentrate on exactly what ways games have made themselves practical in everyday life, what kinds of games are most likely to be useful toward that end, and how we could exacerbate these effects both through game design and application of the strategy.

I am wondering if I could start a discussion about that life strategy without divulging any actual examples, to concentrate on exactly what ways games have made themselves practical in everyday life, what kinds of games are most likely to be useful toward that end, and how we could exacerbate these effects both through game design and application of the strategy.sic

No comments: